Saturday, May 31, 2008

Interesting things we've seen along the way


Buried fire hydrants. We actually saw a number of these. It lead us to wonder why we don't bury them in the US.
Big Chinese beetle. 600 mL water bottle shown for scale.

On a sunny day, there were many who brought out their umbrellas...and clung to them as they were riding on the back of scooters and bicycles.


The enourmous flower tree sculpture looks like something from Alice in Wonderland. It looks like it's made out of candy or plastic, but we think it's probably a painted & polished concrete structure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I saw your blog on Rachel Albertsens page and had to check it out. Good thing you provided your first post explanation as I was thinking "holy cow they live in China now!"
Have a great time, be sure to put your little man in those fancy pants while you're there - you need to blend in with the locals!
Denise Kelly

JoLee said...

I'm so glad the comments are up now. The other day I looked at your blog and there was no place for me to comment, but now there is. So I'm commenting! Looks like you guys are having an adventure.