The best part of the story is the Chinese pregnancy test that I took. I bought a test at a little convenience store near campus. The test had all sorts of English writing on the box so I assumed that I would be able to read the directions, ... wrong. The unfortunate part of it all too was that there were no pluses or minuses on the test so once I took it, I was unsure of whether or not I was really pregnant. After much consulting of babelfish with Hyrum and our vast knowledge of Chinese characters (ha ha), we dared each other to go ask the concierge at our guest house. She was amused once she realized what she was looking at but... Hooray! We are expecting again! Wish me luck!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Made In China
Most observant folks have noticed that nearly everything that you can buy at the store these days carries the label "Made in China." Shoes, clothes, electronics, you name it. Now add another to your list: our next little tyke will carry the label for life "Made in China." That's right, we are expecting another little munchkin the beginning of March so I am about three months along and it appears to be the real thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Hooray! I've been waiting to hear news like this :) Congratulations and keep us posted!
Congratulations. Raya told me about your blog. It is quite enjoyable to read about your adventure in China.
Woo Hoo!!!! You guys are such an adorable family. I bet Scotty will love being a big brother!!! Congrats!!!!
Congratulations! That is a great story, too. In Ukraine Darryl had to buy a test from behind the counter, trying to explain what it was he needed.
Congratulations! This is such exciting news!
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Oh, I love it! So, who was that asked concierge? You or Hyrum???
Congrats! that is awesome, and Scotty is going to be the cutest brother ever!
Congratulations you guys! That is great!
Congrats! Are you going to find out the sex?
Yay for you guys, loved the "Made in China"!
Yeah, we definitely are going to find out the sex of the baby. There is enough surprises in motherhood in my book. I haven't been to the doctor yet, ha ha... so probably on my first visit they will schedule the ultra-sound.
Congratulations! That is fabulous news!! Hope you are feeling good.
I really love the pregnancy test part of this story. You guys are great.
Congratulations!! How exciting! So I guess you're not in the old ward anymore either for awhile? Your parents are going to have a great time. Best of luck with the pregnancy!!
Post a Comment