Friday, February 13, 2009

Keeping Busy

We have had the nicest February weather that I can remember for Washington.  Hallelujah.  The Lord must know that we are sacrificing this month and so is giving us some tender mercies.  It actually hasn't been a big deal to not watch TV or movies.  Scottie has only thrown 2 tantrums due to desires to watch Lightning McQueen and friends.  Besides that it has been really nice.  We have kept very busy enjoying the February weather.  

I have read a million books this month, but that is not new really, he has always been a bit of a book worm.  His new favorite is:

He will always go and find it and say "This is a good one."  I like it better than the Cat in the Hat which we also have read a billion times.  I do not like that Sam I am.

We spent a fun filled morning throwing rocks in the river down at Buck Island in Monroe.  Scottie had so much fun that we went back the next day with cousins Cade and Eli. 


I can't remember if this was from January or early February but we have had a little snow a few days and here is our masterpiece.  Scottie and I made this before church one morning.  Now that church starts at 1pm, we have some time for family play before church.  
We went out to Start-up (how many Washington residents know where that is?) to my parents' piece of riverside property.  We wanted to see how much of it we lost this year.  We are missing a big portion of the rocky beach but maybe we will regain some when it is summer.  It is always an adventure to go out and see what has changed each winter.

Probably the coolest fruit of the media fast for Hyrum and I is we have been getting into family history.  Hyrum got us set up on Ancestry.com with our own family tree and now we are merging with his sister to make a mondo family tree.  Hyrum has gotten really into it and even stayed up past his bedtime last night searching out records and obituaries on my family line.  Way to go Hyrum!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I totally know where Startup is! :)

Karissa Magelsen said...

I'm glad to see you're still sporting the leopard print mittens. Classy!

Dan said...

I'm impressed with the media fast. That takes SERIOUS commitment. As for Startup, I've heard of it. I'm guessing I've driven past it on the way east to Leavenworth.

Emily said...

i am your occasional blog-stalker. it's good to see you guys even though it's on my little computer screen. scottie is getting so big!

bytheway, bruce is a big fan of "go dog go" although i think it's such a weird book. a dog party?!