This year was a great one for celebrating birthdays. Hyrum had the Friday off beforehand so we headed an hour north to the Jemez mountains to camp. Unfortunately my camera was out of juice so I only got a few pictures but it really was quite spectacular. I didn’t expect it to be so pretty. It looked sort of like Twin Lakes, for those of you who are in the know there (ie my family) or say, Northern Idaho, but with interesting rock formations. We had a ton of fun but didn’t get a lot of sleep. Scottie kept saying how much fun he was having, it was really cute. We roasted dogs and smores, slept in a tent, and went fishing, wading, and hiking the next day, what could be better? Also, did I mention that it was the 15th and 16th of October and the weather was amazing and was only cold in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning. We all stayed relatively warm in our tent though.
We all had a nap on the drive home except poor Hyrum.
Saturday night Hyrum took me out to dinner, which was delicious, but we were so tired we came home at 8:15 so our baby sitter didn’t have to stay up too late that Saturday. Sunday, my real birthday, Hyrum made me breakfast, then Scottie, James, and Hyrum made dinner and a cake after church.
Here they are working their magic.
After dinner we went to the park. Notice the shorts, it was 78 degrees at 4pm when we went there. For all of you Seattlites, I miss you and Washington terribly, but 78 degrees on October 17th? I could get used to that. We had a blast pushing the boys down a little hill in their dump trucks. They loved it, and we thought it was hilarious, so all in all, it was a good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment