Sunday, September 28, 2008
Resolutions
Most people wait until the new year to make "new years resolutions," but that is why I love my husband. He is constantly making resolutions to be a better man. Some resolutions are much more practical than others. Lately he has resolved to eat 3000 kcals per day to prevent the school year stress induced weight loss that has occurred the last two years. The other interesting resolution is he has decided that he no longer is going to check all the football blogs. Many of you may not know that Hyrum is an avid football fan. He doesn't watch tons of games all of the time for which I am grateful, but he does love the BYU cougars and likes to know what they are doing at all times. Luckily I am also a cougar fan though not quite so hardcore. He needs to check the blogs in the winter because he needs to know about all the new recruits, in the spring because spring ball is happening, in the summer to get the pre-season hype and strategies, etc, and in the fall... well duh. So lately Hyrum has fretted that he is wasting time. He is not a time waster I argue however. Everyone needs a two minute break now and then and what better way to veg out than to check out how some big brawny muscle men are bashing each others brains out. (I am still sore from when the football team would close the weight room for their special practices and I couldn't do my measly cross-country weight lifting routine.) He has been very good all week and has not checked a single blog. I have to say, I am beginning to miss it. How will I know what is happening with Harvey Unga? Or what their strategy for beating the Utes is this year. Hmm... maybe he will change his mind. :)
His no blog-checking luckily doesn't translate to no game watching. Here we are having a great time at the BYU vs. UW game. Hyrum, a current grad student at University of Washington was very happy to see his old cougs sneak a win by his current Husky schoolmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
well i don't frequent any football blogs since i have to have espn on at ALL times jeff is in the house. but I have to say...go to the cougs. I'm a bit of a defender here since everyone seems to love the Utes...but seriously...of course I"m wearing blue.
We were there TOO! Of course we were in the UW section. I did sport my BYU sweatshirt, at least until I got too hot but I was the only person in my section cheering for some of the action. :)
I loved reading this. We got your email with the blog address months ago but I am just logging in to check things. We miss you and it sounds like you had a wonderful time in China!
I check financial and stock blogs on a daily basis. It's a complete addiction. I have to have my stock tickers running at work and so forth. I need to learn to let it go, especially given the current economic environment. I should intersperse a little sports blogs in with the economic, stock, bank and celeb gossip blogs...!
Nicole! I found your blog through a friend of a friend! (My friend Amanda Melenchuck who is friends with Amanda Skidmore).
This is great! I had no idea your parents were called to serve a missiong - how wonderful! And in Ireland! Please give them my best!
My blog is not nearly as interesting as most, and is private, so you'd have to send me your email and I can send you an invitation to view it.
My email is: jrstillmaker@yahoo.fr
In news: I'm now RS President of LP2 and keeping busy with that calling for sure! :)
What are you and Hyrum up to these days? I'd love to hear from you when you have a spare moment.
Post a Comment