Friday, April 24, 2009

I can do it!

Scottie is in a stage where he wants to do everything by himself. He can put on his boots by himself, open the front door for people, put on the top snap of his car seat. He is gaining some independence. On Sunday he took his independence to a new level. He had eaten some yogurt for breakfast and the bowl and spoon were still on the table. I was feeding James in the bedroom and Hyrum comes in
Hyrum: "Did you have anything to do with what Scottie is doing?"
Nicole: "What is he doing?"
Hyrum: "Let me take a picture and I will show you."
My curiosity was peaked so of course James and I had to see for ourselves.

Scottie had opened up the fridge by himself and the only good thing that he found within arms reach was Ketchup! So he poured himself a bowl and went to town.

He got a little embarrassed when we were all laughing. I guess it makes sense to him, he likes yogurt and so he eats a bowl of it, he likes ketchup, why is it funny to eat a bowl of that?

1 comment:

Karissa Magelsen said...

Red gold! The spice of life!