Thursday, October 22, 2009

I’m 31!

There was a beautiful amazing lady who was in our ward in Monroe all through my growing up who died last week at the age of 102.  She NEVER liked to tell people how old she was and someone commented that she would be ticked now that everyone knew.  Maybe she didn’t want people prejudiced by her age when relating to her.  Anyway I don’t really care if you all know that I am officially a decent mommy age.  In my head I am still 26, which was a glorious year, thanks to Hyrum and so whatever the number, I will always be that age inside.  I celebrated my 31st birthday on Saturday.  Thanks to the fam it was great.  I woke Karissa up a little after 8 in the morning to go for a run with me and it was great.  We got absolutely soaked.  We literally had to ring out our clothes after the run but we had fun doing it.  Hyrum and Scottie made me a delicious breakfast and then later a cake (monkey bread actually, with candles in it), and gave me some really cute Chaco sandals.  I can finally throw out my old Tevas that I got in high school, the velcro was done for.  Then we went pumpkin patching.  Check us out.

P1010888

 

 

Scottie and James in the pumpkin pile on a big truck bed.

 

 

P1010896

 

 

Since I was the birthday girl, I got to be the pumpkin royalty.

 

 

P1010899

P1010900

 

 

 

Scottie especially loved riding in the wheelbarrow.

 

 

P1010901

 

 

Maybe we will do it for my birthday again next year. 

2 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Nicole!! Hurrah for 31!!

Karissa Magelsen said...

Great choice of the photo I'm in. (I thought we were all doing Scottie's prior expression...apparently not) Also, we shant forget the delicious breakfast was heart-shaped and you got to listen to Zoom, your favorite extra-terrestrial!