Sunday, May 08, 2011

Red River New Mexico

This year on April 8th we celebrated 6 years of marriage. We had fun date of going to the Nuclear Museum (so romantic, I know but it was my idea) here in Albuquerque, and dinner. We had a fun addition to that celebration when my amazing mother-in-law Diane was in town. She watched the boys for 2 days and nights so Hyrum and I could go for a much needed weekend away. We headed up to Taos and Red River. I was pleasantly surprised with how amazingly beautiful it was. We had an awesome time! We ate the best Mexican food that I maybe have ever had, (Except for that one time your neighbor grilled carne asada in Lynnwood, Shannon and Jimmy.) went fishing in the Rio Grande, hiked down into the Rio Grande Gorge (it is around 800 feet drop and is pretty dramatic looking in some spots, biked, and enjoyed being together. I did pretty good for an 8 1/2 month pregnant lady but I have to say that after waking up early to fish and hike, the bike ride was pretty slow and took it out of me.
A bridge over the Rio Grande where we fished on Saturday morning.
Hyrum and I in front of the Rio Grande Gorge.

Hyrum fly fishing in el Rio. It was pretty cool Friday morning on our hike and fishing. I had to find a rock to block the wind zooming down the Gorge.

Our Stats:
6 years of marriage
Almost 3 little boys (due in a week from today guys!)
1 PhD
2 moves across the country (Boston to Seattle, Seattle to New Mexico)
Countries visited together: Mexico, Russia, Canada, China, Ireland, New Mexico (hey, it feels different to me. :) )
Lots and lots of fun and adventures

Happy Anniversary Hyrum, love you!
H n N 4 ever

1 comment:

Lisa Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! 6 years sure goes fast!! nicole, you look AWESOME - are you sure you don't have a few more months to go (instead of a few more days)?? Can't wait to hear the good news when your little babe arrives!
ps - fun to see Janae on here! Does she live close to you guys?