Sunday, November 30, 2008

Congratulations Melyn!

This past weekend Hyrum gave me the weekend off to go to Utah for Melyn's wedding. Melyn is a dear friend that I met in Boston. She was one of my roommates when I got engaged to Hyrum. She met her match, Kyler, through crazy circumstances and now is off to Jerusalem where he works for the state department. We will miss her like crazy. As a side note, Hyrum and Melyn always joked about being twins. They are nearly the same height, (Hyrum always is sure to point out that he has one inch on her 6'3" frame), they have about the same shoe size, and they are both extremely slim and good looking (I would say). So she is like part of the fam.


Melyn and Kyler coming out of the temple. What a good looking couple huh?


One of the best parts of the wedding was seeing old friends. Here is Kriss Jacobsen and Jodaddy. Thanks for letting me bunk with you Jodi.
Here are my old roomies. Lisa, Jodi, Melyn, and I. We were just missing JaNeece.

Thanks for the fun tall girls! Your wee one.
Another great part of the weekend which unfortunately I didn't document with photos was seeing my parents as set apart missionaries in the MTC with their name tags and everything. My two sisters live in Provo, Utah, and we got to hang out with Mom and Dad for part of the weekend. They are spiritual powerhouses. I know they are going to do a great job in Ireland. We had fun swapping missionary stories, and hanging out. Karissa was kind enough to share her loft bedroom with me for one night, and Michelle, Bennett, and Karissa even took me out to The Malt Shoppe, my old favorite. Thanks for the fun guys. I can't wait for Christmas Karissa.

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Oh, that was SO fun! Great to see you, too! Happy Thanksgiving (a couple days late...)!!

Oceanchild said...

What a fun trip! Glad you got to catch up with so many people...esp since your parents are off to Ireland!

Karissa Magelsen said...

me too, mamita!

PJMcD said...

What size shoe does Hyrum wear anyhow???

Strong Clan said...

Hi Nicole, this is Tiffany Rust, now Tiffany Strong. I hope that you are great and you don't mind that I link your blog to mine! theconverseclan.blogspot.com
You look super happy and that is the best part!

HaH said...

I'm so bummed I couldn't make it out for the wedding, but did get to meet up with them here in DC.

Kyler is aces and just the most perfect man on earth for her! I'm so sad they'll be overseas for the next year, but soooo happy and excited for them!

Thanks for posting wedding photo's. She was beautiful!
-Heidi