Thursday, January 29, 2009
Media Fast
Our bishop has challenged our congregation to have a media fast for the month of February. So, no movies, tv, nothing. Does blogging count as entertainment media or journeling? Hmmm... I don't mind doing the media fast but am not looking forward to enforcing it at all times with my 2 year old. Scottie hardly ever watches tv or movies, but occasionally he really really really wants to watch the movie Cars to get his Lightning McQueen fix. Is that so bad? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. That would be really hard for us. Not only do I use TV as a distraction when I'm trying to get laundry done or dinner on the table, but I'm a TV addict. I mean it is American Idol season. That would be just too cruel to do to me. But I applaud you for doing it. I don't count blogging because really you are just keeping up with old friends...right? :)
That would be really hard for us too, but I work online. I think it's a powerful challenge. I know much of my life is spent idle in front of TV or online, perhaps some balance in the middle though? Scottie doesn't fast from food yet, right? Ok, am I just justifying? Perhaps.
Everyone for the entire month? Or each family took turns for one day for the entire month? Either way, WOWZA...! That would be difficult.
Post a Comment