Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seattle Winter, some fun to be had.

Sometimes I feel like Seattle winters are the worst. You don't get much sun, and this year it has been extra cold and had lots o' snow. Lots of snow for us is 2 weeks straight (that never happens) over Christmas and some random snow days where we get snow for 2 days and then in another couple of days it melts. But still. Anyway, we have actually had a lot of fun this winter. Here are some of the things we have been doing.

The day after Christmas we braved the snow and went to the zoo with the Farmers!
It was a lot of fun and we never checked out the inside exhibits so well.

Scottie and Hyrum feeding the birds.

Jimmy and Eli feeding the birds.

Cade hatching out of a dinosaur egg.

Scottie and Cade enjoying the zoomasium.
Notice how wet Scottie's pants are. He didn't care that it was snowing out, he still wanted to splash in any puddles and to fall down in snowdrifts. He had a blast.

New Years eve with the Travis Magelsen family and some ward friends.
We had some live accordion entertainment from Hyrum.

Scottie enjoying the sparkling cider. We rang in the New Year with the kids at 9:30pm.
They even set the clocks forward...devious Melissa.

Karissa gave Hyrum and I a day of babysitting for Christmas.
We decided to use it with a day of snow-shoeing. We had a blast!

My sister Shannon and I took our kids to the Children's Museum.
Here is Scottie and Cade being firemen.

Scottie driving the tractor.


Downstairs in the museum they had a "workshop" where you could build stuff.
We had a blast building towers and here is our igloo that we built around the kids.
Their favorite part was busting out of it when we would build it around them.

Anyway, we have had a pretty decent winter so far. 2 more months to go.


2 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

I hear you on the countdown till winter is over!! It hasn't been so bad here, either, but I was just thinking this morning... just a few more weeks!!! like 6...? I dunno, but as long as we're at least half way through I think I can make it. :)

Karissa Magelsen said...

The last picture is classic! I love/want it!