This was a big year for me, I turned 30, GASP! I always thought that was so old when I was a kid (my mom had me, the 4th child, when she was 30 years old). Now I think I am pretty young still. After all, I only have one child, and my husband is still in school, that should give me some sort of youthful air right? :)
So for the celebrations this year Hyrum took me out for a night on the town to dinner and a movie, I honestly cannot remember the last time I went to the theater to see a movie, it has been ages, so it was fun. My awesome fam also made me feel special during the day by coming over and celebrating with me. Thanks guys!
Being a two year old, Scottie still doesn't quite grasp the concept of his birthday. He does however grasp the concept of a fun day with ALL the attention he wants. We started the day out with some Curious George on PBS and then a walk in the fall air afterwhich he and I spent at least an hour jumping in piles of leaves. Then to make it even better, his cousins Cade, Eli, and Eric came over and he got to ride his bike outside and then jump in piles of leaves for at least another hour more. He topped it off with a fun family night with Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpa. Could life get any better?
Here are some pictures to show the fun:
At our big group family birthday party for 3 aunts, one grandpa, and 2 cousins, we had bobbing for apples, pumpkin painting, and donuts on a string. That was a real popular one.
Scottie and Cade playing in the leaves on his birthday.
At our birthday family home evening.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday! My mom also had me (the 4th kid) when she was 30. Things are definitely a little later with our generation. Now I sound old! :) I love the picture of jumping in the leaves. Pure fun!
Happy Birthday Nicole and Scottie!...and Shannon...and Jim! October IS a busy month you you. You guys look great!
Post a Comment